2010 04 15 hello world
Anyhow, welcome to the new blog. Here's the score:
- 100% cloud friendly SSJS. Deployed on Heroku with NodeJS.
- Microframework! Utilizes the awesome sauce that is ExpressJS.
- Totally open source. Fork wtfjs.com GitHub.
Sure, there were a few wtf's along the way. Heroku literally just squeezed NodeJS hosting a few short weeks ago and it is not without a couple of occasional rough edges.
The bonus of this reauthor is also an improved workflow for contribution. Fork the repo. Add your post in the posts folder. Send me a pull request. Easy.
what did I learn?
- Package management in serverside js land is still a total fuck up.
- Heroku and Express have awesome communities; whenever I had a question folks really helped.
- jsftw! The future is here. This code blog can be forked and deployed live in literally one minute.
Have fun! - brianleroux